Hot towels have been used for a long time for many different reasons. While a simple concept, the comfort and perhaps unexpected functionality of these warm pieces of fabric still make them a preferred solution that people turn to.
As Homelover, we have compiled the different ways you can use hot towels for different reasons. Enjoy.
1. A warm embrace
Picture this: You walk into a café or a restaurant. After you sit down or are seated, they give you a warm towel. The warm embrace of a hot towel after being out in the cold is truly heavenly.
The feeling you get when you first touch a warm towel is a sensation that sends tingles through your spine. The soft and warm feeling that you feel instantly calms and relaxes you.
This is why it is one of the most preferred first-step hospitality tools in restaurants, cafés, hotels, spas, and many more establishments.
And what makes it even more wonderful is that hot towels can have the same purpose wet wipes have, to clean yourself. It is perhaps the best way to clean your hands before eating, thanks to the warm embrace of your hot towel.
2. The remedy you’ve been looking for
Another incredibly helpful use of hot towels is to use them for your medical treatment needs. They have been used for many years as home treatments for many different medical issues. Here are a few examples.
- Reduce sinus congestion: Clogged sinuses are a nuisance that many people suffer from. Hot towels are a great way to reduce the congestion that you might have in your sinuses.
Just apply the hot towel to either your face or chest. In time, the towel will help reduce the pressure and you’ll feel much better.
- Ease soreness: In modern-day life, back pain and stiff muscles are ordinary occurrences. They can happen at any time after working out at the gym, working or just doing housework.
The heat of the towel will surely ease the pain or soreness that you have. Whatever the reason, be it a heavy workout, moving boxes or just waking up with a sore limb, the heat will help you ease your pain or soreness.
- Soothe joint pain: Just like in the case of soreness, hot towels can also help you ease any joint pain.
Especially if you or one of your loved ones has a joint problem such as arthritis, they can be a lifesaver at times of serious pain or aching.
- Boost healing processes: Using heat treatment can be helpful to speed up and improve recovery from an injury. Of course, it depends on the injury itself.
Cuts, for example, require a cold compress before heat. It is also very important to make sure if you need any medical attention. If this is not the case, you can apply heat to the injured area to speed up the healing.
- Increase circulation: The reasoning behind heat’s healing factor is actually the fact that it improves the blood flow to the area. This way, the tissue that is damaged heals faster thanks to the blood circulation.
3. Treat yourself to a massage
Hot towel treatments are quite popular among spas and massage parlors. The relaxing sensation that they provide makes warm towels a great tool.
The neck, back, face and shoulders are the parts of the body where using hot towels is most effective, as they relax the muscles and reduce tension.
They can also be used just for relaxing before, during, or after a massage. You can also use them at home when massaging a loved one, simulating the comfort of a spa massage with a simple item.
4. Enjoy a hot towel scrub
For those who don’t know what a hot towel scrub is, the name is self-explanatory. It is the action of rubbing the towel on your body in a circular motion.
This scrub greatly affects your muscles, body tissue, and pores. Not only does it have positive effects on your body, but also on your mind. This kind of self-care helps soothe both the body and the mind.
Hot towel scrubs have many benefits. It detoxes and exfoliates your skin, softens hard fat deposits right below your skin, relaxes your body and mind, and reduces muscle stress, to name a few.